Monday, January 9, 2012

On The Road Again

So based on my most recent post, you all know that I had no motivation to run.  It was cold, it was dark, and I was lazy and stupid.


So I started running at lunch time at work.  I blocked out an hour everyday on my calendar so noone puts a meeting there.  Obviously if I HAVE to do something work related I will, but this way noone puts something there if they don't need to.

So this is week 3 of running at lunch and I am LOVING it!  I don't have to get up at the butt crack of dawn in the dark and cold to run outside or on the damn dreadmill.

 My evenings are all mine and I swear when I get home at night I feel like  robbed a bank or something.

I have SO much time for activities.  I have been sewing sh*t, I made a new wreath for the front door, I have even just laid around eating 40,000 clementines and done NOTHING!  It is freaking glorious.

My awesome place of work has a locker room with a shower, but in the winter I don't really sweat enough for a shower which makes the whole process a bit quicker and without wet hair.  Hello deoderant, face wash clothes, baby wipes, baby powder, dry shampoo and a hair dryer.  You can't even tell I went running and I don't smell like a swamp! 

Super.

Hoorah to getting back on the wagon.  It feels great, my mood is lifting and I actually felt REALLY good on my run today!

Now, let's see how quick the 4 pounds I gained over the holidays comes off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment